Friday, December 14, 2012

trent's artists

Friday, December 14, 2012

Artist 6

JAMIE SALMON
avatarsculptureworks.com


FRAGMENT #3
THE ELDERLY
THE DIRECTOR
FRAGMENT #4
SUMO
Jamie Salmon is a hyper realistic sculpture. He used to make sculptures for movies. His work is very impressive. The extreme detail he paints onto his sculptures is breathtaking. I can not imagine how much time is put into each one of his pieces. The sculptures are made of silicone, resin, hair, and fabric. These should have more recognition then they do. This is a gift to be this talented at detail.

Artist 5

GEHARD DEMETZ
www.geharddemetz.com


MY SHADOW CAN WALK ON WATER
HOW YOU REACTED WAS RIGHT
LEAVE ME ALONE

EVERYTHING HE LIED WAS TRUE



YOUR FAIRY TALES SCARE



RAGAZZA SINISTRA


Demetz is a wood carver. I wish I was him. Again I love his craftsmanship. I love that everything is so perfect but yet he still has chunks and pieces missing from his sculptures. They are all children but they are all have their own creepy styles to them. I like that his sculptures don't have a classical style. I can't pick what style it is but usually people try to represent some kind of classical style in their work. These are great I don't have any problems with these. The wood ones are very cool. I want to learn how to do this.

Artist 4

JUDSON BEAUMONT
STRAIGHT LINE DESIGNS
BURNT TABLE
CANNED BENCH
TEAR AWAY CRADENZA
CRASH CABINET
BAD TABLE
These furniture designs are very witty. These would be nice to come home to every night. I don't think I would ever get tired of them, and they are unique. The designer is Judson Beaumont. He has his own workshop and his own full time craftspeople. I enjoy the more adult designed furniture. I went through there site and they have a lot of children designs..... Blahhhhh. It got boring from there. But these ideas are genuine and full of excellent design.

Artist 3

DAN WEBB
Runner Left Shoe Detail
RUNNER


Destroyer
DESTROYER


The Putti Trap
THE PUTTI TRAP


Shroud
SHROUD
Sleeper
SLEEPER


Dan Webb's wood work is so extraordinary. If I had the tools and time, this would be the work I would want to do. I love that he takes wood and uses it as an actual piece of material. Usually you would see wood as a furniture element. I love this. The pillow looks soft the shoe looks like I could put my foot in it. There isn't even anything I don't like about this. Super cool.

Artist 2

HERB WILLIAMS
www.herbwilliamsart.com

FIRST NUDE


No Title


jux_crayons5
UNWANTED VISITOR: PORTRAIT OF A WILDFIRE


jux_crayons2


No Title

I enjoy Williams idea of staying with one type of material. I have always wanted to make a project with an already made object. The crayons are genius in my opinion. Not only the crayons but his craft, the way he blends his colors and his craft is perfect. But... I don't think that his work where he copies an exact object works very well. It looks great but his work where he is more expressive like the fire has so much more impact. The blending of colors and use of angles on the fire piece is his best work yet I believe. I chose this artist mainly because of the use of one material. I really enjoy that idea, but maintaining its boundaries is key.

Artist 1

DENNIS SLOOTWEG

photo 1
ROESTKABINET



photo 1
HOGE ROESTKAST-GAAS



photo 1
ROESTDRESSOIR



photo 1
IEPTAFEL



photo 1
TL-KROONLUCHTER



photo 1
GROTE KROONLUCHTER



What I like about Sloonweg's work is that all of it has history to it. He uses all of these old industrial metals that have sat for years, and has now given them a new life as a practical furniture piece. The idea of recycling and practical use makes his furniture rare and almost limited one of a kinds. Everything is rusty and dirty but it all has so much character. His craftsmanship is exactly what meets my standards. I want to have his drive of perfection. What I don't really care for though is the glass he uses for his lights. I don't hate them but I think a smoky or fogged out glass that you would see on old industrial buildings would look better. But that is just me and it doesn't even make a dent on what I think of his work collectively.
No comments:

No comments:

Post a Comment