Thursday, May 9, 2013

jLaForge Artist #6 Reuben Heyday Margolin

Artist: Reuben Heyday Margolin







Reuben Margolin is an incredible artist. He uses everyday stuff and constructs the most amazing moving masterpieces. I can feel his pieces move when I watch the videos online. They make sound that I can not hear but I can feel it. The intricate details of these pieces amazes me. All of his sculptures are driven by a mechanical means using small motors, a whole lot of strings, and pulleys. Reuben gets the basic ideas for the movements he makes from everyday life, like watching raindrops or waves. He has even worked with a dance company where the strings are connected to the dancers and their movements make the sculptures move, incredible! I strongly recommend that you go to this link and view some of Reuben's work it's truly amazing. http://www.reubenmargolin.com/waves/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment