Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Artist Research 02 - Brent Watanabe -

Ok so Brent here could be considered to be an installation artist. He's won a bunch of awards, and a lot of his more famous exhibitions involve both three dimensional objects, projections, and viewer participation. I really like how he sets up his exhibits and invites people in to investigate and participate.

For( ){ }; Even though the game has no real ending, the way that it's set up with such bright colors and such a comfortable piece of furniture sitting right in front of it I probably would play it for hours if I could! Also he really knows how to play with the nostalgia feel by using a NES controller and using just the right sound effects to remind me of my childhood.



But of all installations, I have to say "So Long" is my absolute favorite simply because of all the media he includes in this. There's animation, puppetry, projects, sound, sculpture, and over all, just a really, really, surreal story! And it's all controlled by computers as well! Overall it just really amazes me, especially with how much detail was put into each specific part. Of the installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment