Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Artist Research 03 - Sandy Patangay - Cakes

I don't know about you but I totally consider these pastries to be a type of artwork.

Sandy Patangay is originally from India who moved to America study for college. She ended up getting a job as an executive at wall street but left that job during the recession to pursue her own interests in henna and pastries. I really love how she married two aspects one wouldn't normally think to combine and creates such truly original and appetizing treats!

I can barely butter toast right without sawing chunks off, but WOWIE! She is really a master at this! She even manages to add beads to top them off too! HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT!?

And the best part is, even though these pastries are so so beautiful and detailed, I STILL want to eat them! The color choices she uses are just so appealing and she manages compliment the form the cakes have perfectly as well. I am very jealous of all the customers she has.

No comments:

Post a Comment