Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ontwerpduo Furniture Design

I think there is some rule that says if you're from northern/central Europe, you can make furniture. It's in their blood or something. I found this dutch duo, Designers Nathan Wierink and Tineke Beunders, by looking up Fun Furniture. The first thing I found was their table called "Marbelous". 



Now if that isn't cool furniture, I don't know what is. 

What I found most fascinating about this duo is that one is a mathematician and the other is a designer. Together they create these fantastic pieces with math, psychics, and design. I'm constantly impressed with the work they've come out with. 



This is part of a small collection called "What it is, it isn't". They started with the concept of light reflecting and refracting and came up with a whole new idea. They wanted to make pieces that skewed how we view the world and make us question whether we see what is there or if we see what we want to see. They were also inspired by Lewis Caroll's Alice in Wonderland. 

This next collection is called "Cupboards". They are all made of Zinc once used in the metal industry. I think it's a great example of recycling. Going Green is so big now, it's a good thing to think about when you're making your projects. 




Just for kicks I'll show you their studio. 

Shows that you can basically build a studio anywhere. 

there website is here

-Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment