Friday, October 8, 2010

Joseph Beuys

So this is my artist, Joseph Beuys. He is German, and makes a lot of "old time" looking sculptures--they all have very neutral colors and thats why I am attracted to them because I like art with neutral, darker colors and very organic shapes. His work is mostly inspired by intense public debate and focuses




3I01565.jpg

This is a kind of "soft piano" he made.

It is Infiltration homogen für Konzertflügel (Homogeneous Infiltration for Piano), 1966, piano covered with felt and leather, Georges Pompidou Center, Paris


Beuys_I_like_America_and_America_likes_me.jpg

This one is really interesting and I love the stuffed coyote


Joseph-Beuyss-The-Pack-19-002.jpg

This one is called "The Pack", 1969

I like this because it's basically an army of little sleds with flashlights and fabric attached to them. It reminds me of a big fleet of sled dogs off on a mission, or Santa's reindeer.



No comments:

Post a Comment