Thursday, December 15, 2016

Lorenzo Quinn

Lorenzo Quinn

Lorenzo Quinn was born in 1966 in Rome, Italy. He studied at the American Academy of Fine arts in New York, planning to be a Surrealist painter. At 21 years old, he decide to instead pursue sculpture.
His main inspirations are Michelangelo, Bernini and Rodin.
‘I make art for myself and for people who wish to come along for a ride through my dreams’

Of Lorenzo Quinn's work, I most enjoy his piece "Force of Nature." Probably his most famous piece, I love the huge amount of energy and momentum he was able to create in a completely still sculpture. The orb seems to carry an immense amount of weight, which is reenforced by the pose of the figure and the rippling of its robes. I find some of his other work rather uninteresting, though it all has an incredible level of detail which I still appreciate


Website: www.lorenzoquinn.com


Force of Nature II
Bronze, Stainless Steel, Aluminum

Tightrope II
Aluminum and Stainless Steel
.



Website: https://www.lorenzoquinn.com/sculptures/

No comments:

Post a Comment