Thursday, December 15, 2016

Bruno Catalano

Bruno Catalano

Bruto Catalano is a French sculptor born in 1960. Born in Morocco, his family moved to France in 1970. In 1982 he started working at Société Nationale maritime Corse Méditerranée. (A ferry company.)
He claims his years of sailing are a large contribution to his insparation. 
Catalano is well known for his figure sculptures that have significant portions of their bodies missing.

I enjoy Catalano's work because I find his use of negative space creative and interesting. I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to render a figure out of metal, so I find his work especially awe-inspiring. I would love to see one of his pieces in person. One thing I don't enjoy about his work is how he paints his pieces. I find I enjoy his pieces that aren't painted, because I think the paint he uses makes the clothing too saturated.

Website - http://brunocatalano.com/

Van Gogh Au Chevalet - (No year given.)
Bronze

Modou - (No Date Given)
Bronze 

Le Destin Du Voyageur - (No date given.)
Bronze

No comments:

Post a Comment