Friday, November 1, 2013

12 X 12

Designer: Bellboy

I love this chair - particularly the shape and color - the elegance in curvature and mixture of different types of woods (I am a big fan of that style lately). It looks like the type of chair that would be extremely hard to get out of once you sit in it - out of comfort (possibly a positive or negative depending on how you look at it.) I found this through a google image search - turns out it was part of an exhibition in New York spring 2012. 12 different designers used reclaimed wood from demolished New York buildings to create the pieces. Bellboy is the designer of this particular chair. Knowing where these materials came from make me appreciate the piece even more, it adds a history to it, almost like a reincarnation. 

I attached the links so you can look at the other pieces if interested! 






No comments:

Post a Comment