Friday, April 8, 2011

Extreme Craft!


Extreme Craft
A compendium of art masquerading as craft, craft masquerading as art & craft extending it's middle finger.

"My family has a huge problem with craft. My mother and father participated in just about every craft fad that I can remember. Wire art, macrame, and decoupage in the 70's, and stained glass in the 80's. My mother is an insane quilter, my Aunt Barbara a glass painter. One great-grandfather was a blacksmith, another collected and carved gemstones. I was born and raised on a farm in Nebraska, attended art school at the University of Nebraska, then got my MFA in ceramics at Alfred University. Craft has dogged me all my life. I love it, I hate it, I write about it because it seems totally alive to me. I'm currently an Assistant Professor at College of the Redwoods in Eureka, CA. Craft hard!"




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I was a crusty punk until Garth taught me the true meaning of what deviance meant.

    he is a revolutionary

    ReplyDelete